It’s been a month since our wedding day. Part of me still feels like it hasn’t happened – it feels like a dream, as though I wasn’t really there. But it happened, and it was perfect. 💕
Planning a wedding isn’t easy… it’s a lot of work, time, stress, and money, but it’s also extremely exciting – not to mention insanely satisfying and rewarding when it’s over and everything goes smoothly. It’s worth all the highs and lows that come with it.
We planned ours entirely ourselves. I love planning things, and I’m also a massive control freak, so there was no way I’d get a planner involved. And though many think I did it all by myself, there was actually a great amount of teamwork and support from Chris’s end that helped make it so great.
The day was perfect from start to finish – everything moved like clockwork, it was exciting and relaxing, and the wedding itself (both ceremony and reception) were incredibly fun and special and flew by so quickly! We laughed, cried, danced, and made many beautiful memories that we’ll treasure forever.
Here’s a little snippet:
For those interested, and also as a thank you, here is a list of all the services we used, with links to their respective Facebook pages where applicable so you can check them out:
• Venue : Amazonia Complex (Dolmen Hotel)
This also included catering, drinks, cocktails, decorations, our beautiful cake, and a night’s stay with a delicious breakfast. Special thanks to Silviya, Anton, and Ivan for their help and dedication throughout.
• Church : Maria Bambina, Mellieħa
• Priest : Fr Brendan Gatt – thank you for such a beautiful, moving, and personal celebration.
• Photographer : Clive Xuereb Photography
• Videographer : Pinwheel Productions (Charles Falzon)
• Florist : Romano Cassar Florists (Debbie Cassar)
• Band : The Residents
Extra special thanks to the pianist, Kris Spiteri, for helping me to perform my own original surprise song by learning, perfecting, and playing it for me.
• Mass singer : Raquela
(Both booked through Tunin’ Entertainment)
• Dresses : Alamango
This includes my dress, veil, and hair accessory as well as the dresses of my MoH, Bridesmaid, and Flower Girls. A massive thanks to Joyce, Marisa, Ruby, and Cettina for all your wonderful help!
• Suits : The Groom Collection
• Bridal Team Hair : D STRAND (Annalise)
• Bridal Team Makeup : Celine Sciberras
• Groom’s Hair : Rock Barber Mellieha (Stefano)
• FoB’s Hair : Antonio’s Barber Shop, Attard
• Invitations, Mass Booklets, and Souvenir Tags : Designed by myself but printed and brought to life by Invites 4 U – Polidano Press Ltd
• My Jewellery : Swarovski
• Bridal Team Jewellery : Adrian’s 925 Silver Attard
• Wedding Rings : Timeless Treasures
• Dress Mannequin : It-Tieg
• Cars : Borg Garage
• Bridal Team Robes & Personalised Unity Candles : Creative Glams
• Cake topper & Card Box : Kudos
• Photobooth : Snapshot Photobooth
• Souvenirs : Maison Du Savon de Marseilles
• Fountain Fireworks : BG Fireworks
• Souvenir Baskets : Decorated beautifully by our good family friend, Joanna.
• First Dance Choreography : My beautiful best friend and witness, Amy!
All of these people/vendors were absolutely fantastic and I couldn’t recommend them more. They were all very responsive, helpful, and patient in dealing with my perfectionism, and those who needed to work together did so brilliantly. Everything was just perfect – I couldn’t be a happier bride[zilla]. 😈 😇
Apart from the above, I’d also like to thank all the people who helped us out during the entire planning process and on the day – our parents, our groomsmen and bridal team, our readers, and any other friends and family members who gave their support, and of course, all of those who attended out wedding and/or gave us a gift – from the bottom of our hearts, thank you all. You have been a significant part of the best day of our lives, and we couldn’t feel more blessed.
Cheers to a lifetime of happiness. 🥂
Until next time,
Little Miss (or Mrs) Cricket x